Thursday, August 28, 2014

Fix You

I'm sitting here, looking at my Facebook wall...looking at all the pictures, all the memories. The crazy, funny, happy, lovely things my kids and my husband did...all the great times we've had over the past year
When the song Fix you comes on Pandora.

When you try your best, but you don't succeed
When you get what you want, but not what you need
When you feel so tired, but you can't sleep
Stuck in reverse

And the tears come streaming down your face
When you lose something you can't replace
When you love someone, but it goes to waste
Could it be worse?

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones

And I will try to fix you

This song has special meaning to me. It's one that I would listen to over and over again after my miscarriages.
My heart is so full of gratitude right now. Filled with so much joy. Pure joy. The kind that wraps your heart in warmth but still manages to tug at it a little with sadness.
We've come a long way.
I have my treasures.
And they are worth it.
Every frustration. Every scream. Every tear.
Every loss.





















2 comments:

jamie hixon said...

You have a beautiful family, and I'm glad you are full of gratitude. Life is hard, but beautiful.

Valerie said...

I love your cute little family!